Our 2023 Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast on January 21st was a great success with an excellent presentation by Dr. Scott Finnie. A video of the Breakfast, including the Rosa Parks Awards and Dr. Finnie’s speech is now available here: 2023 Breakfast and Friends of Human Rights.
Prompts for the 2022-23 Martin Luther King Jr. Art and Essay contest are available here: Art and Essay Contest. Deadline for entries is January 31, 2023.
AREA RESPONSE TO ANTISEMITISM
To make a monetary donation support the Latah County Human Rights Task Force, please visit our Donation Page: Make a Donation
Check out the recent Palouse Pride Day under Recent Events here: Palouse Pride Day 2021
Our mission: To work for social justice for all people by supporting diversity, respect, and inclusiveness, while opposing bigotry, harassment, and discrimination.
Please click our Announcements tab for current or upcoming events. (For upcoming events visit: Upcoming Events)
These are annual events that the Task Force currently sponsors:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Breakfast – January (Visit: MLK Breakfast)
- Martin Luther King Art and Essay Contest – January
- Presentation of Rosa Parks Human Rights Achievement Awards – January
- Human Rights Day at the Moscow Farmer’s Market – September (Visit: HR Day)
- Great Moscow Food Drive – August
- Human Rights Education Programs for Area Schools – throughout the school year
and we encourage you to attend or support us in these events.
Meetings of the Latah County Human Rights Task Force are generally held the second Thursday of each month, and you are welcome to attend.
Please visit our Facebook page: Facebook
If you are interested in joining, volunteering, or attending a meeting, please see our Contact Us page: Contact Us