Strengthening the bonds of community to embrace diversity and reject bigotry.
Our mission: To encourage sensitivity towards minority groups, and to promote tolerance, acceptance, and harmony, based on respect for everyone’s civil, human, and social rights through programs of education, advocacy and referral assistance.
The Latah County Human Rights Task Force is active in YOUR community!
- Proactive education programs for community and schools
- Victim assistance and referrals
- Working with public officials to ensure fairness and respect for all
- Mobilizing the community to respond to hate and prejudice
- Networking with human rights organizations throughout the state and nation
- Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Human Rights Breakfast, Rosa Parks Achievement Awards and Art and Essay Contest